Eligibility criteria for joining Pakistan Army can be different for every course, branch and corps.E.g. PMA long course has different criteria than those for Army medical corps, engineering branch or SSRC (short service regular commission) and the soldiers induction have different criteria.
We explain the detail about the eligibility criteria for Pakistan Military Academy long course for those patriotic people who want to become defenders of their home land and wish to get commission as second lieutenant in Pakistan Army. in this connection you are free to ask questions here or for more guidance , you can contact us via email or our social media channels.
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS FOR PMA LONG COURSE
All citizens of Pakistan from all religions, regions, castes and creeds are equally eligible for the selection in PMA long course but only if they fulfill the following criterion and conditions for joining Pakistan Army.
Citizens of Pakistan including Azad Kashmir domiciles and State Class-1 citizens.
Pakistan Army accepts only male candidates for PMA long course to become a commissioned officer (Starts from the rank of second lieutenant).
Females may apply in other courses and branches, those accept both males and females. Both male and female officers are accepted as Army medical corp’s doctors, engineering corps engineers, IT branch software engineers, administration officers, education branch teaching staff, psychologists etc or the one’s accepting females only like nursing. Please check out latest official advertisement in newspapers and media at the openings for each course as it could be changed after every 6 months based on circumstances and timely requirements.
AGE REQUIREMENT FOR JOINING PAK ARMY VIA LONG COURSE
- For civilians having intermediate or equivalent qualification; 17-22 years of age with maximum relaxation of 3 months in both upper and lower age limit. That means if a candidate gets through all phases, he will get relaxation of 3 month less or excess age.
- For civilians with 2 years graduate degree, 17-23 years of age.
- For civilians with 4 years graduate degree, 17-24 years of age.
- For serving Pakistan Air force & Pakistan Navy personnel; 17-23 years of age.
- For serving Pakistan Army personnel: 17-25 years of age.
- For civilians unmarried only.
- For serving armed forces personnel; unmarried only if 17-19 years of age.
- Married or unmarried, both eligible, if age 20 or above.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO JOIN PMA LONG COURSE
Educational requirement is variable, as per detail mentioned here. You are requested to read all requirements and detail carefully. Remember for eligibility there are many and multiple options are available.
Minimum 60% marks in Intermediate or equivalent (F.Sc, FA, ICS, I.COM, etc.). But In these cases with below than 60% marks in intermediate, those who have 60% marks in Graduation degree, with even 50% marks in Intermediate are also eligible.
Minimum 55% marks in intermediate or equivalent or the candidates from specified area with domicile, who have been actually studying in same areas
- Gilgit and Baltistan
- District Neelum of Azad Jammu Kashmir.
- District Kohistan, Chitral, Dir, Tehsil Balakot, Kaghan, Naran of District Mansehra from province of KPK.
- District Tharparkar and Tehsil Umerkot in the province of Sind.
- District Rajanpur of DG Khan division , Area of Cholistan Desert, Drawer Fort, Mojgarh and Dingarh from province of Punjab.
- Serving Army Soldiers are eligible if they have 50% marks in Intermediate or equivalent.
- Candidates with strong expectations for more than 60% marks in intermediate examination can also apply on the basis of hope certificate, but they need to have at least 60% marks in the part-1 of intermediate.
TRAINING PERIOD OF PMA LONG COURSE
Long course lasts for 2 years usually but it can be prolonged or reduced based on special situations/ circumstances and specific requirements too).
INELIGIBILITY FOR JOINING PAK ARMY VIA LONG COURSE
Anyone not fulfilling above mentioned criteria or having any of the following issues is termed ineligible for joining Pakistan Army through long course. They might still be eligible for joining, based on the sensitivity of issue and how it can be resolved.
- A person declared medically unfit by Military hospital or Appeal Medical Board
- Once enrolled in any Military service (Army, Navy & Air Force) successfully but then left through
- Dismissed from any academy on the basis of discipline, bad character, professional inefficiency, medical problem, weak profile or declared unsuitable for any other reason
- Dismissed or terminated from any other government / semi government organisation service.
- Convicted by the court of law for an offence involving moral turpitude.
We will keep updating this article for more information and details. You are free to ask questions via comments or at our social media contacts.