A lot of doctors and students want to know about the criteria and procedure to join Pakistan Army as a doctor. Pakistan Army offers regular commission for medical graduates, those are, MBBS or BDS doctors. Here we give detail about eligibility criteria to apply for the regular commission in Pakistan Army as General duty medical officers and dental surgeons.
TYPES OF COMMISSION:
- Regular Commission in the Army Medical Corps as Captain general duty medical officer
- Commission in Army Medical Corps as Captain Dental Surgeon
QUALIFICATION AND AGE LIMIT
Any male or female candidate applying for regular commission as Captain doctor or dental surgeon in Pakistan Army must have MBBS / BDS or equivalent degree recognized by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council. He or she has completed one year house job in an institution recognized by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council. Age limit for commission as Captain Doctors general duty medical officer and Dental surgeon is 28 years.
INELIGIBILITY TO APPLY
- Candidates who are already screened out twice by ISSB, GHQ, NHQ, AHQ Selection Boards for any type of commission in the Pakistan Armed Forces.
- Those Candidates who are rejected for Junior Cadet Course/ Pakistan Military Academy Long Course/Graduate Course/Officers Training School Short Course/Equivalent of Pakistan Navy or Pakistan Air Force Courses.
- Those Candidate who are rejected once by ISSB for PMA / OTS / Junior Cadet Academy or equivalent Naval/PAF courses and once rejected for Direct Short Service commission entry, will not be eligible for third chance. Candidates twice rejected for Direct Short Service Commission are also ineligible to apply.
- Candidates who are declared medically unfit by an appeal Medical Board of Army, PAF and Navy.
PROCEDURE OF SELECTION
Candidates have to apply for online registration, professional written and intelligence tests for general duty medical officers in AMC / ADC will be held at Army Selection & Recruitment Centers.
Selected candidate will be called for personality test and Army Selection and Recruitment centers.
Names of successful candidates who passed personality test will be displayed at respective Army Selection & Recruitment Centers on the given date.
Final selection will be made on overall performance at GHQ.
Finally selected candidates will have to sign a bond of minimum 5 years to serve Army. The applicability of bond will start on successful completion of military training at Pakistan Military Academy , Kakul and Armed Forces Postgraduate Medical Institute, Rawalpindi.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
Finally selected candidates go through 22 weeks basic military training at PMA, Kakul / AFPGMI, Rawalpindi.
GRANT OF COMMISSION
After completing basic military training candidates are granted commission in Pakistan army as Captain.
Government servants will have to apply through proper channel if they fall within the age limit.
For more info and guidance